Color Scheme: Artist’s Choice
Size Requirements: Artwork must be between 8″x8″ and 12″x12″
Submission Begin Date: August 1, 2017, 12:01am EST
Submission End Date: October 31, 2017, 11:59pm EST
Submission Method: Use the submission form at the bottom of this page
Submission Requirements – No Exceptions
- Full Name
- Email address
- Quilling Level (beginner or advanced)
- Name of piece
- Dimensions of submitted piece
- Photographic Requirements:
- Five high quality photographs depicting the submission. One of which is a direct, frontal shot (think camera pointing directly at piece, not angled). One at an angle showing entire piece. One closeup. And the rest can be angled or detail shots. All photographs should be in focus and taken in adequate lighting
- Photos should be taken without a mat or frame attached to the piece
- Photographs should be unedited and without any sort of filters
- Must be a current member of both the Contemporary Quilling Facebook page and a registered website member
- Submitted artwork must be original and have not previously been posted on the web (social media, websites, blogs, etc
Number of Eligible Submissions: One per person
Entry Fee: Free
Required Design Elements: Rubric Based
Winner Announcement: December 2nd, 2017
Primary Prize Structure: One beginner category and one advanced category, each with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes.
Secondary Prize Structure: e.g. Honorable Mentions
- Advanced 1: $75
- Advanced 2: $50
- Advanced 3: $35
- Beginner 1: $50
- Beginner 2: $25
- Beginner 3: $15
- Honorable Mentions: Sampler Packs
- Upon submission your artwork will be reviewed for adherence to contest rules. If it’s accepted into the contest, you will receive a confirmation email. If it’s rejected for any reason you will receive an email as well. You are free to resubmit with corrections.
- Once you have submitted your piece we ask that you not post images of it in our group. Exceptions to this will result in disqualification.
- Submission piece must be fresh, original artwork. Pieces copied directly from other quilling artists will be disqualified. Pieces previously posted on social media, websites, blogs, Pinterest, or the internet in general will be disqualified.
- We will add to this over the next couple of weeks before things are finalized.
We encourage everyone to participate regardless of where you are from. We have tried very hard to organize this in a way that even those in the far flung corners of the globe will still be able to receive prizes. Should you be in a country where quilling suppliers are limited, we will be offering gift certificates for retailers who will ship to your area (in most cases), and will work with you to find one if you are unable to (eg, Ebay, etc.).
Definition of Wildlife
Wildlife is defined as any creature, living or extinct, that is wild. This does not include domestic animals like dogs and cats. It also does not include landscapes, plants, or cartoon characters.
- Stacy Bettencourt of Mainely Quilling
- Michelle Dollar of Ten Dime Design
- Zahra Ammar of Zammar Designs
- Jennifer Stacey of Quilling Fun
- Carla Ferreira of Especialmente Para Ti
|EXCELLENT||VERY GOOD||GOOD||OKAY||NEEDS WORK|
|The unique organization of art elements, content, & execution create a striking & memorable piece. It “wow” the viewer.||The organization of art elements, content & execution create a cohesive piece. The piece has lasting impact on viewer.||The organization of art elements, content, & execution are addressed in the piece. The piece holds the viewer’s attention.||The organization of art elements, content, & execution are incompletely addressed. There is little or no impact on the viewer.|
|INTERPRETATION & CREATIVITY
|Shows unique and creative interpretation carried through until the piece was as complete as possible. Effort was far beyond that required, with great attention to details.||Design shows clear understanding of competition requirements and artist’s ability to think outside the box. With more effort it might have been outstanding.||The design shows some creativity and adequate interpretation, however the piece appears unfinished.||The basic requirements are fulfilled but give no evidence of originality. Piece is incomplete or lacking in details.|
|Shows and effectively utilizes knowledge of the elements and principles of design, combining three or more elements and principles. Effectively fills entire space.||Shows an awareness of elements and principles of design using two elements and principles. Design mostly fills the space.||The piece is complete but lacks conscious planning and little evidence that the overall composition was planned. Design poorly fills the space.||Little evidence of understanding of elements of design. No evidence of planning. Only somewhat used design space.|
(made with skill and overall neatness)
|Piece demonstrates a mastery of skills and a clear understanding and application of quilling techniques. The piece is beautiful and complete.||Demonstrates skill and some understanding of specific quilling techniques. The design is pleasing and partially complete.||Demonstrates partial skill and understanding of quilling. Design is fairly neat.||Lacks understanding of quilling medium. Careless in creation of work.|
Comments or questions are welcome.